From sleek brand ads to explainer videos, companies are using web video to enhance their web content, reach new audiences, and breathe life into their brands.
If you’re new to using video as part of your marketing strategy, you might be hesitant to pull the trigger. Is it really any better at influencing prospective buyers than other forms of marketing content? And do the benefits outweigh the costs?
Here are five ways video has been proven to help companies reach their marketing goals, along with ten statistics that back them up.
1. Video Leads to Purchases
- Shoppers who view web video are 174 percent more likely to purchase than viewers who did not. 1
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in their purchasing decisions. 1
- Nearly 40 percent of consumers report that web videos increase their likelihood of making a purchase on a mobile device. 1
2. Video Educates
- Approximately three out of five consumers will spend at least two minutes watching a web video that educates them about a product they have considered purchasing. 2
3. Video Engages
- Video in email marketing has been shown to increase click-through rates by more than 96 percent. 2
- 59 percent of senior executives prefer to watch a web video instead of reading text, if both are available on the same page. 2
4. Video Draws Eyeballs and Promotes Sharing
- Web videos are 53 times more likely to appear on the first page of Google’s search results than text content. 3
- The average user spends 88 percent more time on a website with web video. 4
- 66 percent of Twitter users regularly watch brand web videos, and 49 percent of users retweet web video content. 5
5. Quality Video Performs Best
- Professionally produced web video outperforms user-generated video by more than 30 percent. 6
The ROI on video is indisputable. Whatever your goals for company growth, making video a cornerstone of your marketing strategy is a great way to make your content stickier, more shareable and, ultimately, more effective.
If you have any questions about producing and distributing web video to improve your marketing content, feel free to contact us.